Saturday, April 21, 2012

.....mankind is unkind man

God luck and good speed!.....One of my favorite song's and albums by Weedeater. This was such a great poster to work on!! What I wanted to do is draw the Pope Lick monster for their poster. It's a urban legend that comes out of Kentucky about part-man, part-goat, and part-sheep, creature reported to live beneath a Norfolk Southern Railway trestle over Floyd's Fork Creek, in the Fisherville area of Louisville, Kentucky. The idea and imagery just goes perfect with weedeater's swampy sound and lyrics. I then thought how cool would it be if you had this things head mounted like some deer or animal that had been hunted. The show lived up to everything I expected as well! Got to talk with Dixie Dave for a bit, who was so nice and very funny. Once they went on, it was all noise and smoke from there! These poster's sold out even before the show started. I do have a small amount of them that I will be selling via my my etsy page,www.etsy.com/peopel/pencilplan on Tuesday April 24th at a random time for 20$. They are 3 color screen prints on speckletone kraft french paper. Edition of 50.11" by 17" and signed/numbered. The prints are done by Pat at shout out loud prints. What a nice dude and great screen printer! Enjoy....

No comments:

Post a Comment