Wednesday, February 22, 2012

" Is it too late to reach for you, flower?"....Scott Kelly Poster

Just finished this poster for the Scott Kelly(of Neurosis) show at Ace of Cup's. I will post some pics of the prints when they come in! If you want one head out to the show or I will be posting some on my Etsy page here soon for order!

This was a fun one to design! It took me a bit longer then normal for I had a lot of ideas at first. After some sketching and debating I finally came away with what I wanted to do! A line from one of Scott Kelly's song always stuck with me and it was, " Is it too late to reach for you, flower?". So I took that lyric and came up with a image of what it meant to me. The art is the idea of not tending to things in one's life, and when that happens they die and fade away. So I tried to convey that through the drawing of things that have all died or gone bad.

I meant to take some pics of the pencils in process but forgot.

Vision's and sounds provided by the following = Cloud Nothings, Scott Kelly, Daniel Higgs, Wovenhand,Oxbow, Om and the Melvins!











No comments:

Post a Comment